GEFTINAT is generic version ofthe drug Gefitinib.
GEFTINAT is manufactured and marketed by NATCO Pharma Limited that is one of the most reputed Indian Companies.
Each film-coated tablet of GEFTINAT is having Gefitinib 250 mg.
GEFTINAT is available in strength of 250mg film coated tablet in a bottle of 30 tablets packed in temper evident HDPE container
GEFTINAT (Gefitinib) is indicated as monotherapy for the treatment of patients with locally advanced ormetastatic non-small cell lung cancer after failure of both platinum-based and docetaxelchemotherapies.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) –
1. How can I buy GEFTINAT in India?
GEFTINAT is a prescription drug that can be purchased by a patient only against a valid prescription of a healthcare professional like – Oncologist, Pulmonologist or a physician.
2. Where can I get GEFTINAT in India?
India Generic Medicines can assist the patient or kin of a patient in getting GEFTINAT delivered at their door steps anywhere in India, like Mumbai, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Chennai, Ahmedabad, Delhi, Bangalore and Pune, etc. Indian Generic Medicines uses the services of a network of validated, professionally best managed pharmaceutical distributors. Indian Generic Medicines ensures that the patients are supplied genuine medicine at the best prices through a fast more of delivery (Blue Dart/ DTDC plus time bound deliveries).
3. Can I buy GEFTINAT even if I am not based in India?
Indian Generic Medicines can assist in getting GEFTINAT delivered at your door steps. Indian Generic Medicines is able to get any valid prescription dispensed in shortest possible time. All prescriptions are dispensed and checked by registered pharmacists and dispatched to Patient’s address.
Indian Generic Medicines personally ensures that the Medicines are sourced only from the validated distributors authorized by the respective company, the product is stored and packed as per the storage and packaging directions.
GEFTINAT is offered to overseas patients (in countries like Romania, Georgia, Latvia, Brazil, UK, Canada, Australia, China, Saudi Arabia, Thailand, South Africa, Zambia, Pakistan, Qatar, Kuwait, Sweden, Hong Kong, UAE, Philippines, Kazakhstan, Turkey, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Uzbekistan Afghanistan, Nepal, Japan, etc.) against a Valid Prescription of the healthcare professional of the respective country and Import Permit (if applicable).
Indian Generic Medicines offers GEFTINAT to the overseas patients at the best price and ensures swift delivery of medicine by using the most reputed international courier or cargo companies like FedEx International Priority Courier/KLM and Emirates Freight Carriers.
4. What is the usual Adult Dose of GEFTINAT for treating locally advanced or
metastatic non-small cell lung cancer after failure of both platinum-based and docetaxel chemotherapies?
Prescribed dosing for GEFTINAT (Gefitinib 250 mg) is One Tablet daily (OD) to be taken orally with or without food.
Take GEFTINAT exactly as prescribed by your doctor. One should not consume GEFTINAT in larger or smaller dosages/ quantities or for a duration longer than longer than recommended by your doctor.
5. What are the usual recommendations for duration of therapy with GEFTINAT?
Your doctor is the best person to assess your disease status and recommend you the prescribed dosing schedule and duration.
6. Are there any contraindications to GEFTINAT?
GEFTINAT is contraindicated in patients with severe hypersensitivity to gefitinib or to any othercomponent of GEFTINAT.
7. Are there any side-effects of GEFTINAT?
It is recommended to seek your doctor’s medical advice about side effects.
8. Important Things to remember while on treatment with GEFTINAT -
- Periodically consult your doctor, seek his/her advice and strictly follow the instructions/ directions given by your doctor while you are getting treated with GEFTINAT. It is recommended that you tell your consulting doctor/s about all your existing medical conditions/ medical history, allergies, and all medicines you use.
- You may take GEFTINAT empty stomach or before/after having food.
- Take the medicine at the same time each day.
- Your consulting doctor may ask you to go for frequent/ periodic blood tests, while you are using GEFTINAT.
- Store this medicine in the original container at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
- Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
- Few drugs may interact with GEFTINAT, therefore, always tell your doctor about all medicines you are using for treatment of other medical conditions.
- The information given here is meant to answer questions of a general nature regarding treatment of treatment with GEFTINAT and these recommendations are not a substitute for professional medical advice. If you have questions or concerns regarding your disease or GEFTINAT, please seek assistance from a qualified healthcare provider (Oncologist, Pulmonogist or a physician). If you have a specific medical concern, please contact your healthcare provider.