Facts Of Erbitux®
- Medicine Name: Erbitux®
- Generic Name: Cetuximab
- Company Name: Merck Pharma.
- Available as (Form & Strength):100mg, single vial for injection
ERBITUX® is an epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) antagonist indicated for treatment of:
Head and Neck Cancer
- Locally or regionally advanced squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck in combination with radiation therapy.
- Recurrent locoregional disease or metastatic squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck in combination with platinumbased therapy with fluorouracil.
- Recurrent or metastatic squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck progressing after platinum-based therapy.
Colorectal Cancer K-Ras wild-type, EGFR-expressing, metastatic colorectal cancer as determined by an FDA-approved test
- in combination with FOLFIRI for first-line treatment
- in combination with irinotecan in patients who are refractory to irinotecan-based chemotherapy,
- as a single agent in patients who have failed oxaliplatin- and irinotecan-based chemotherapy or who are intolerant to irinotecan.
Recommended Dosage for Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Head and Neck (SCCHN)
In combination with radiation therapy or platinum-based therapy and fluorouracil
- The recommended initial dose is 400 mg/m2 administered one week prior to initiating a course of radiation therapy or on the first day of platinum-based therapy and fluorouracil as a 120-minute intravenous infusion.
- The recommended subsequent dosage (all other infusions) is 250 mg/m2 weekly as a 60-minute infusion for the duration of radiation therapy (6–7 weeks) or until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity when administered in combination with platinum-based therapy and fluorouracil.
- Complete ERBITUX administration 1 hour prior to radiation therapy or platinum-based therapy with fluorouracil.
- The recommended initial dose is 400 mg/m 2 administered as a 120-minute intravenous infusion.
- The recommended subsequent dosage (all other infusions) is 250 mg/m2 weekly as a 60-minute infusion until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity.
Recommended Dosage for Colorectal Cancer (CRC)
Determine EGFR-expression status using FDA-approved tests prior to initiating treatment.
- The recommended initial dose, either as monotherapy or in combination with irinotecan or FOLFIRI (irinotecan, fluorouracil, leucovorin), is 400 mg/m2 administered as a 120-minute intravenous infusion.
- The recommended subsequent dosage, either as monotherapy or in combination with irinotecan or FOLFIRI, is 250 mg/m2 weekly as a 60-minute infusion until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity.
- Complete ERBITUX administration 1 hour prior to irinotecan or FOLFIRI.
Mode of Action
Cetuximab binds specifically to the EGFR on both normal and tumor cells, and competitively inhibits the binding of epidermal growth factor (EGF) and other ligands, such as transforming growth factor-alpha. In vitro assays and in vivo animal studies have shown that binding of cetuximab to the EGFR blocks phosphorylation and activation of receptor associated kinases, resulting in inhibition of cell growth, induction of apoptosis, and decreased matrix metalloproteinase and vascular endothelial growth factor production.
- Blemishes on the skin or pimples
- bloating or swelling of the face, arms, hands, lower legs, or feet
- body aches or pain
- cough or hoarseness
- deep cracks, grooves, or lines in the skin
- difficult or labored breathing
- facial swelling
- lower back or side pain
- painful or difficult urination
- pale skin
- rapid weight gain
- runny nose
Indian Generic Medicines assist you in delivering Erbitux® (Cetuximab) across the world as per the customer’s prescribed medication and applicable regulatory approval. Erbitux® (Cetuximab) is manufactured by Merck Pharma.
Indian Generic Medicines is able to get any valid prescription dispensed in shortest possible time. All prescriptions are dispensed and checked by registered pharmacists.
Is Erbitux® (Cetuximab) available in India?
Erbitux®(Cetuximab) is a (prescription drug, doctor prescribed medication or health care professional prescribed medicine) pharmaceutical drug that can be legally dispensed against a medical prescription.
Erbitux® (Cetuximab) can be made available through the network of authorised distributors in India. (Mumbai, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Chennai, Ahmedabad, Delhi, Bangalore and Pune etc.)
Can You Send Erbitux®(Cetuximab) to Foreign Destination?
Buy generic Erbitux® (Cetuximab) online best/lowest price in India from leading supplier. Indian Generic Medicines can assist in the delivery of Erbitux ® (Cetuximab), doctor prescribed medicine to USA, UK, Canada, Australia, China, Saudi Arabia, Thailand, South Africa, Zambia, Pakistan, Qatar, Kuwait, Sweden, Hong kong, UAE, Philippines, Kazakhstan, Turkey, Singapore, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Uzbekistan Afghanistan, Nepal, Japan, and many more countries.
We validate authenticity of suppliers. Our approved suppliers assure supply of genuine medicine against valid documents.
The Order Will Be Confirmed Only After The Receipt Of:
- Valid prescription of Doctor and
- Import permit if applicable