Facts of Canmab®
- Medicine Name: Canmab®
- Generic Name: Traztuzumab
- Company Name: Biocon Pharma
- Available as (Form & Strength):440mg single vial for injection
Metastatic Breast Cancer (MBC)
Traztuzumab is indicated for the treatment of metastatic breast cancer patients who have human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2)-overexpressing tumours.
Early Breast Cancer (EBC)
Traztuzumab is indicated for the treatment of adult patients with HER2-positive early breast cancer.
Traztuzumab should only be used in MBC or EBC patients who have tumours with either overexpression of HER2, or HER2 gene amplification.
Metastatic Gastric Cancer (MGC)
Traztuzumab in combination with capecitabine or 5-fluorouracil and cisplatin is indicated for the treatment of adult patients with HER2-positive metastatic adenocarcinoma of the stomach or gastroesophageal junction who have not received prior anti-cancer treatment for their metastatic disease.
Traztuzumab should be used in only those MGC patients whose tumours overexpress HER2.
Adjuvant Treatment, Breast Cancer
During and following paclitaxel, docetaxel, or docetaxel/carboplatin:
- Initial dose of 4 mg/kg as an intravenous infusion over 90 minutes then at 2 mg/kg as an intravenous infusion over 30 minutes weekly during chemotherapy for the first 12 weeks (paclitaxel or docetaxel) or 18 weeks (docetaxel/carboplatin).
- One week following the last weekly dose of Traztuzumab, administer Traztuzumab at 6 mg/kg as an intravenous infusion over 30−90 minutes every three weeks.
Metastatic Treatment, Breast Cancer
Administer Traztuzumab, alone or in combination with paclitaxel, at an initial dose of 4 mg/kg as a 90-minute intravenous infusion followed by subsequent once weekly doses of 2 mg/kg as 30-minute intravenous infusions until disease progression.
Metastatic Gastric Cancer
Administer Traztuzumab at an initial dose of 8 mg/kg as a 90-minute intravenous infusion followed by subsequent doses of 6 mg/kg as an intravenous infusion over 30–90 minutes every three weeks until disease progression.
Mode of Action
The HER2 (or c-erbB2) proto-oncogene encodes a transmembrane receptor protein of 185 kDa, which is structurally related to the epidermal growth factor receptor. Traztuzumab has been shown, in both in vitro assays and in animals, to inhibit the proliferation of human tumor cells that overexpress HER2. Traztuzumab is a mediator of antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity (ADCC). In vitro, Traztuzumab-mediated ADCC has been shown to be preferentially exerted on HER2 overexpressing cancer cells compared with cancer cells that do not overexpress HER2.
- Black, tarry stools
- bleeding gums
- blood in the urine or stools
- chest pain
- cracked lips
- decreased frequency or amount of urine
- difficult or labored breathing
Indian Generic Medicines assist you in delivering Canmab® (Traztuzumab) across the world as per the customer’s prescribed medication and applicable regulatory approval. Canmab® (Traztuzumab) is manufactured by Biocon Pharma.
Indian Generic Medicines is able to get any valid prescription dispensed in shortest possible time. All prescriptions are dispensed and checked by registered pharmacists.
Is Canmab® (Traztuzumab) available in India?
Canmab® (Traztuzumab) is a (prescription drug, doctor prescribed medication or health care professional prescribed medicine) pharmaceutical drug that can be legally dispensed against a medical prescription.
- Canmab® can be made available through the network of authorised distributors in India. (Mumbai, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Chennai, Ahmedabad, Delhi, Bangalore and Pune etc.)
- Please click for Canmab® Price information.
Indian Generic Medicines can assist in the deliver of Canmab® (Traztuzumab), doctor prescribed medicine to USA, UK, Canada, Australia, China, Saudi Arabia, Thailand, South Africa, Zambia, Pakistan, Qatar, Kuwait, Sweden, Hong kong, UAE, Philippines, Kazakhstan, Turkey, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Uzbekistan Afghanistan, Nepal, Japan, and many more countries.
We validate authenticity of suppliers. Our approved suppliers assure supply of genuine medicine against valid documents.
The order will be confirmed only after the receipt of
- Valid prescription of Doctor and
- Import permit if applicable