Afinitor 5mg & 10mg tablets Online
Facts of Afinitor®
- Medicine Name: Afinitor®
- Generic Name: Everolimus
- Company Name: Novartis Pharma
- Available as (Form & Strength):5mg & 10mg tablets
Afinitor is a kinase inhibitor indicated for the treatment of patients with:
- advanced renal cell carcinoma (RCC) after failure of treatment with sunitinib or sorafenib.
- subependymal giant cell astrocytoma (SEGA) associated with tuberous sclerosis (TS) who require therapeutic intervention but are not candidates for curative surgical resection. The effectiveness of AFINITOR is based on an analysis of change in SEGA volume.
• 10 mg once daily with or without food.
- For patients with Child-Pugh class B hepatic impairment, reduce the AFINITOR dose to 5 mg once daily. • If moderate inhibitors of CYP3A4 and/or P-glycoprotein (PgP) are required, reduce the AFINITOR dose to 2.5 mg once daily; if tolerated, consider increasing to 5 mg once daily.
- If strong inducers of CYP3A4 are required, increase AFINITOR dose in 5 mg increments to a maximum of 20 mg once daily.
- Initial dose based on body surface area with subsequent titration to attain trough concentrations of 5-10 ng/mL.
- If moderate inhibitors of CYP3A4 and/or PgP are required, reduce the AFINITOR dose by approximately 50%. Subsequent dosing should be based on therapeutic drug monitoring (TDM).
- If strong inducers of CYP3A4 are required, double the AFINITOR dose. Subsequent dosing should be based on TDM.
Mechanism of Action
Everolimus is an inhibitor of mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR), a serine-threonine kinase, downstream of the PI3K/AKT pathway. The mTOR pathway is dysregulated in several human cancers. Everolimus binds to an intracellular protein, FKBP-12, resulting in an inhibitory complex formation (mTORC1) and thus inhibition of mTOR kinase activity. Everolimus reduced the activity of S6 ribosomal protein kinase (S6K1) and eukaryotic elongation factor 4E-binding protein (4E-BP1), downstream effectors of mTOR, involved in protein synthesis
Bloating or swelling of the face, arms, hands, lower legs, or feet
- bloody nose
- chest pain or tightness
- decreased weight
- difficult or labored breathing
What is the generic name of Afinitor?
Generic name of Afinitor is Everolimus.
Who is the manufacturer of Afinitor?
Afinitor is manufactured and marketed by Novartis Ltd.
Is Afinitor approved by USA FDA?
Yes, Afinitor is approved by FDA. The product was approved in 2009.
What are the storage conditions of Afinitor?
AFINITOR tablets should be stored at 20°C to 25°C (68°F to 77°F).
How Afinitor is supplied?
Afinitor is supplied as pack of 10 tablets in one strip of 5mg and 10mg .
How does Afinitor work?
Everolimus is an inhibitor of mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR), a serine-threonine kinase, downstream of the PI3K/AKT pathway. The mTOR pathway is dysregulated in several human cancers and in tuberous sclerosis complex (TSC). Everolimus binds to an intracellular protein, FKBP-12, resulting in an inhibitory complex formation with mTOR complex 1 (mTORC1) and thus inhibition of mTOR kinase activity. Everolimus reduced the activity of S6 ribosomal protein kinase (S6K1) and eukaryotic initiation factor 4E-binding protein (4E-BP1), downstream effectors of mTOR, involved in protein synthesis. S6K1 is a substrate of mTORC1 and phosphorylates the activation domain 1 of the estrogen receptor which results in ligand-independent activation of the receptor. In addition, everolimus inhibited the expression of hypoxia-inducible factor (e.g., HIF-1) and reduced the expression of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF).
What is Afinitor used for?
AFINITOR is a kinase inhibitor indicated for the treatment of:
- Postmenopausal women with advanced hormone receptor-positive, HER2- negative breast cancer in combination with exemestane after failure of treatment with letrozole or anastrozole.
- Adults with progressive neuroendocrine tumors of pancreatic origin (PNET) and adults with progressive, well-differentiated, non-functional neuroendocrine tumors (NET) of gastrointestinal (GI) or lung origin that are unresectable, locally advanced or metastatic. Limitation of Use: AFINITOR is not indicated for the treatment of patients with functional carcinoid tumors.
- Adults with advanced renal cell carcinoma (RCC) after failure of treatment with sunitinib or sorafenib. • Adults with renal angiomyolipoma and tuberous sclerosis complex (TSC), not requiring immediate surgery
How many brands of Afinitor are available in India?
Afinitor is an innovator medicine. There are other generic brands available for Everolimus.
Is there any generic or bio similar available for Afinitor.
Yes, there are generic brands available for Afinitor.
What is the price of Afinitor in India?
You can call or WhatsApp +91-8826990915 or send mail to email@example.com to know the price.
Other information about Afinitor
The European Court of Justice has determined that Roche’s Afinitor may be reimbursed for ARMD- despite Novartis and Bayer’s challenge.
Is it safe to buy Afinitor in India from local distributor?
It is always better to check the credential of the person / distributor before confirming.
As per the legal guidelines, only patients can import the product after getting proper Documentation.
Indian Generic Medicines is able to get any valid prescription dispensed in shortest possible time. All prescriptions are dispensed and checked by registered pharmacists.
Is Afinitor (Everolimus) available in India?
Afinitor (Everolimus) is a (prescription drug, doctor prescribed medication or health care professional prescribed medicine) pharmaceutical drug that can be legally dispensed against a medical prescription.
Afinitor (Everolimus) can be made available through the network of authorised distributors in India. (Mumbai, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Chennai, Ahmedabad, Delhi, Bangalore and Pune etc.)
Can You Send Afinitor (Everolimus) to Foreign Destination?
Buy generic Afinitor (Everolimus) online best/lowest price in India from leading supplier. Indian Generic Medicines can assist in the delivery of Afinitor (Everolimus), doctor prescribed medicine to USA, UK, Canada, Australia, China, Saudi Arabia, Thailand, South Africa, Zambia, Pakistan, Qatar, Kuwait, Sweden, Hong kong, UAE, Philippines, Kazakhstan, Turkey, Singapore, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Uzbekistan Afghanistan, Nepal, Japan, and many more countries.
We validate authenticity of suppliers. Our approved suppliers assure supply of genuine medicine against valid documents.
The Order Will Be Confirmed Only After The Receipt Of:
- Valid prescription of Doctor and
- Import permit if applicable