Facts of Afinitor®
- Medicine Name: Afinitor®
- Generic Name: Everolimus
- Company Name: Novartis Pharma
- Available as (Form & Strength):5mg & 10mg tablets
Afinitor is a kinase inhibitor indicated for the treatment of patients with:
- advanced renal cell carcinoma (RCC) after failure of treatment with sunitinib or sorafenib.
- subependymal giant cell astrocytoma (SEGA) associated with tuberous sclerosis (TS) who require therapeutic intervention but are not candidates for curative surgical resection. The effectiveness of AFINITOR is based on an analysis of change in SEGA volume.
• 10 mg once daily with or without food.
- For patients with Child-Pugh class B hepatic impairment, reduce the AFINITOR dose to 5 mg once daily. • If moderate inhibitors of CYP3A4 and/or P-glycoprotein (PgP) are required, reduce the AFINITOR dose to 2.5 mg once daily; if tolerated, consider increasing to 5 mg once daily.
- If strong inducers of CYP3A4 are required, increase AFINITOR dose in 5 mg increments to a maximum of 20 mg once daily.
- Initial dose based on body surface area with subsequent titration to attain trough concentrations of 5-10 ng/mL.
- If moderate inhibitors of CYP3A4 and/or PgP are required, reduce the AFINITOR dose by approximately 50%. Subsequent dosing should be based on therapeutic drug monitoring (TDM).
- If strong inducers of CYP3A4 are required, double the AFINITOR dose. Subsequent dosing should be based on TDM.
Mechanism of Action
Everolimus is an inhibitor of mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR), a serine-threonine kinase, downstream of the PI3K/AKT pathway. The mTOR pathway is dysregulated in several human cancers. Everolimus binds to an intracellular protein, FKBP-12, resulting in an inhibitory complex formation (mTORC1) and thus inhibition of mTOR kinase activity. Everolimus reduced the activity of S6 ribosomal protein kinase (S6K1) and eukaryotic elongation factor 4E-binding protein (4E-BP1), downstream effectors of mTOR, involved in protein synthesis
Bloating or swelling of the face, arms, hands, lower legs, or feet
- bloody nose
- chest pain or tightness
- decreased weight
- difficult or labored breathing
Indian Generic Medicines assist you in delivering Afinitor® (Everolimus) across the world as per the customer’s prescribed medication and applicable regulatory approval. Afinitor® (Everolimus) is manufactured by Novartis Pharma.
Indian Generic Medicines is able to get any valid prescription dispensed in shortest possible time. All prescriptions are dispensed and checked by registered pharmacists.
Is Afinitor® (Everolimus) available in India?
Afinitor® (Everolimus) is a (prescription drug, doctor prescribed medication or health care professional prescribed medicine) pharmaceutical drug that can be legally dispensed against a medical prescription.
- Afinitor® can be made available through the network of authorised distributors in India. (Mumbai, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Chennai, Ahmedabad, Delhi, Bangalore and Pune etc.)
- Please click for Afinitor® Price information.
Indian Generic Medicines can assist in the deliver of Afinitor® (Everolimus), doctor prescribed medicine to USA, UK, Canada, Australia, China, Saudi Arabia, Thailand, South Africa, Zambia, Pakistan, Qatar, Kuwait, Sweden, Hong kong, UAE, Philippines, Kazakhstan, Turkey, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Uzbekistan Afghanistan, Nepal, Japan, and many more countries.
We validate authenticity of suppliers. Our approved suppliers assure supply of genuine medicine against valid documents.
The order will be confirmed only after the receipt of
- Valid prescription of Doctor and
- Import permit if applicable